Classic Air began September 1st of 1979 by Alan Heckel and Todd Kletz, with one goal: providing our heating and air conditioning customers with timely and exceptional service.
For two decades, Classic Air assisted customers all over the Southside of Hampton Roads with HVAC installation and repair. We grew exponentially, as did our reputation. By the time co-founder Alan Heckel retired, The Virginian Pilot recognized us as, “Best at the Beach.”
We were just getting started. As Todd took over sole ownership, we expanded our service area, opening an office in Yorktown and answering calls throughout the Peninsula.
In 2004, Classic Air joined One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning in order to improve and expand our service to include all of Hampton Roads. Entrepreneur Magazine had recognized them as one of their, “Top New Franchises” due to their explosive growth, exceptional organization, and commitment to serving customers on-time.
The accolades started pouring in…
- “Best Place To Work” – The Refrigeration News
- “Small Business of the Year” – Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce
- “Franchise of the Year” by Clockwork Home Services in 2009
- “A+ Rating” with the Better Business Bureau since 2008
- “Best of Southside (Gold)” by Coastal Virginia Magazine
- “Roaring 20 Honoree” by Inside Business
- “Community Impact Awards Honoree” by CoVa Biz Magazine
With over 30 years under our belt, a lot has changed. One thing hasn’t… Our guarantee of punctual service, quality installation and repair work that gets done right the first time.
Give us a try by calling (757) 868-7600, and see why we’ve been the Tidewater region’s most trusted heating and air conditioning partner for over three decades.